Born in Southampton, UK to an Algerian mother and English father, brought up and schooled in Saudi Arabia in an international and multicultural environment, university educated in Brighton at Sussex University (BA Hons Social Psychology) Ayesha then moved to Barcelona, Spain (after a 6 month bout on the Italian island of La Maddalena) where she is now happily living and working as a singer, voice-over artist, translations coordinator and event manager.
For nearly ten years, she recorded and toured with electro-nujazz band Misnoma and then went on to release her first solo album in 2009 on Xiringuito Music. “Of that ilk” shows influences from North African rhythms as well as Western pop music and utilises her knack for technological experimentation.
Ayesha is a classically trained soprano and, for over 18 years, has sung with professional choir Voxalba with whom she has toured extensively on choral exchange programmes, sharing musical ideas and techniques with choirs from Venezuela, Hungary and Spain, to name a few. She has also collaborated with several bands from all over the world as guest vocalist (See NOVO, Acoustic Cuts Experiment, Syndi-K, Noise Shaper, United Colours of Music) and her most recent project was with a cappella group Man ex Maqina alongside artists of world renown: Max Moya of Ojos de Brujo, Mel Semé of Black Gandhi and Tal Ben Ari of Playing for Change.
She was also co-creator of the project Culturelinx and acted as co-director, script-writer and music producer for their audiovisual project: 'No Boundary', a musical documentary about cross-cultural identity in the 21st century.
In 2020, Ayesha formalised her teacher training by receiving a distinction in the Rockschool Professional Diploma of Teaching Performing Arts (Discipline: Singing), as well as continuing to develop her conducting and musicianship skills through several certificates from the British Kodàly Association and the UK Voices Foundation. She is currently Singing teacher and Choir leader at the Olive Tree School: A job she relishes, sharing her experience and passion for singing with a whole new generation.
- Singing (wide range and register, pop, jazz, classical and everything in between)
- Songwriting (solo artist, band member and guest vocalist)
- Voice over (professional with own studio and extensive experience)
- Management (Translations team, Audiovisual projects, Music label/ Artists, Corporate Events)
- Translation (Spanish to English), British English Copywriting, Editing and Proofreading.
- Voice coach (Kodàly method, Voice Craft, ABRSM, Rockschool)
- Multicultural background (Cultural sensitivity & many languages: English, Spanish (fluent), French (advanced), Italian (basic).